Friday, December 11, 2009

12.11.2009 - Doubt...

Do you ever wonder if the road you're heading down is the right one?  Lately this thought seems to keep crossing my mind.  As I look back over the past 5 years, I've noticed that a fear of failure has paralyzed me in a lot of ways from pursuing many of my passions.  It's this doubt that always tells me I'm not good enough to succeed.  It's this doubt that has kept me from finishing school.  

Sometimes I'm lazy & want everything to come easy. But at the same time I know that nothing that I want will come from thinking or acting like this. I'm definatly one of my toughest critiques... but I'm learning how to use this for my benefit.

Just like the women in this photograph, I have no idea what the future holds, in fact it's quite blurry and obscure, but I do know what fuels my passion and what doesn't.  So for once in my life I'm putting one foot in front of the other and leaving everything else behind.  It's time to be selfish for once.  It's time to face my fears.  Because I've learned the hard way that it's better to take a chance on what you love, than to look back and wonder what if.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin